Sunday, February 19, 2017

My Particle Effect -- Research

For my custom particle, I intend on creating an energy beam, or clusters of energy, that swirl around a radius that expands as the particles move upwards. I'm hoping to emulate a vortex-like effect, more or less, that comes from the energy sphere on top of my barrel when it is going to explode.

Along with this spiraling energy, I want to create particles that fly off and then sizzle/ smoke out whenever they collide with a surface. So, all in all, there are at least 3 particles -- as of now -- The spiraling energy, the sparks, and the smoke from the sparks upon collision.

So far, I'm just focusing on how to get particles to move in a spiraling fashion and I've learned about the point and line attractors from This Post. The sparks and energy are most likely going to be procedurally generated while the smoke will be a flip note.  

The video below, more or less, at least illustrates the motion of the particle that I am aiming to create. It does not detail all of the effects that I want to happen.

This here is another video that shows the direction I want to head in


No comments:

Post a Comment