Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Struggle - Spiraling Energy Particle Effect


    
     I was able to achieve most of my original goal with creating a spiraling energy particle -- The particle consists of a burst of energy that occurs when the particle starts, the erupting spiraling energy and then some fireflies to add to the magic. In order to get the energy to spiral, I had to create a blueprint with 5 points that rotated around an axis while the ribbon particle turned on -- originally, I wanted to just use an animation from Maya but the .fbx import was giving me some technical issues. For the video, however, I had to copy the particle blueprint set up, not the blueprint itself, over to the barrel explosion in order to have the particle activate properly. The fiery explosion is not a part of the particle for this assignment, but rather my spiraling energy was an addition to the explosion.

Blueprint for the Spiraling Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment