Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Bus - Paul Kirchner

     This one was real trippy... real trippy yet quite unique. I've witnessed these infinite loop comics on the internet, but I wasn't aware that someone would have created them in a series. Aside from the obvious artistic style, some of the things that occur also remind of some children's cartoons -- for example, the bus that compresses the car and, in order to solve the issue, the bus driver moves forward and the car.. uncompresses? But I guess it doesn't need to make sense to be entertaining.. in fact, that's what makes it entertaining, I suppose. 
     Even though these comics are simple, they've also provoked some thought -- just as to how the universe that these comics exist in function. All of these panels are seem like things that the artist just randomly thought of and decided to illustrate. They remind me of things that I'd see in my dreams, practically. In fact, I can honestly hardly compose my thoughts with these comics, they're so random. 
    The Exact Fare comic, however, is definitely my favorite comic visually. Bringing us out into space creates a large, expansive mood in the short comic and larger than life scenarios are incredibly intriguing to me -- even down to the scale of a large ice berg or tsunami wave -- terrifyingly large yet fascinating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment