Monday, October 3, 2016

The Night Circus - Erin Mergenstern


  Some of life's biggest issues invoke the most development in someone. In the resolution, not only do people learn more about how the world works around them, but they also learn more about how they work within the world. I've had some of my trials, one of which involves the huge step many people take in life: Going to college and tackling the career you wish to partake in. Even before this event in my life, I've learned that I do not have the ability to solve all of the problems that come my way and in these events specifically do I learn my capabilities.
     A lot of very similar issues arise within Night Circus. Celia's magic training near the beginning is what especially fixated itself to me. Witnessing her struggle in an attempt to mend a bird's wound and fail quickly reminded me of the things I've failed in the past. I believe knowing one's own capabilities is what sets them unto the "path" that they will eventually take, whether it be sooner or later. One of Celia's first training lessons involved her looking upon herself with an objective view, which I believe is important because it facilitates in making her the best she can be. I believe failing is an art that creates the best work, for if something always succeeds and has always been succeeding, it will lack the wisdom that could have been learned otherwise. Not only does failure expand the canvas with which success can be had, but it also allows one to become closer in tune with the world around them. 
     Taking into considering the fact that Celia is a wizard, although we've heard many stories like this before, I felt that there was this separation between me and her. Her failure reminded me that although we are different, there are definitely aspects of us that are the same, which is an important lesson for children who aspire to be great need to learn. As kids, the people we look up to seem almost like not-human; they seem like people that have never had to triumph over very difficult tasks. Hearing their struggles and how they rose over them is what inspires people to become greater, because that experience is what allows them to remove the guise of impossibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment